Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Contractual Obligations

[Extracted from the files of Mark Time P.I.]


“We no longer find it necessary to justify our actions to those in our employ,” she sniffs and holds the silk tissue to her nose; whether to keep herself in or to keep the smell of my office out I’m not sure, “This matter requires action Mr. Time and I will not be justifying the reasons to you. Suffice to say that political damage is likely to be inflicted on the Company from rather unpatriotic circles should this not be dealt with in a most immediate and direct manner.”
She had hired me a week previously to pinpoint the source of a leak within the family business.
“You can depend on my immediate action Mrs. Scmidt” I had assured her.
She seemed to have run out of patience and while I have no qualifications when it comes to patriotism and I’m certainly no arms expert, the black hole at the end of her other arm made it perfectly clear which way the weapon was pointed.
I hate political assignments.

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License