Friday, February 17, 2017

Atom’s Journal: The Day Before Yesterday

SAME WHERE ELSE PART THREE
| AS FAR AS I CAN SEE |
Episode Two


I was watching some animated kids’ movie on my watch today and there was this lightbulb running around in the forest being chased by a giant bulb-less lamp and I was reminded of those days in the Lazarus Woods (where the crickets famously chirp “…kredit.kredit.kredit.”) with Cajones and that mad fucker with the loin-cloth whose name I ‘m still struggling to remember.
I do remember he joined the army (when that was still a voluntary option) after we got out of Lazarus, probably got himself killed in the food wars or fell out of a lorry – he wasn’t as tough as he thought he was nor as bright as the lamp-less lightbulb in the kids’ movie; I remember Cajones (vicious bastard that he is) chucking the mad little ninja into a thorn bush; poor fucker was pulling thorns out for days after.
The past seems so simple now; now that we are in the midst of this mind-fuck, this battle for the last remaining scraps of our humanity; our sanity.
C says history will be written in the sweat & skill of the anarchist army – Phoebe says yeah but we haven’t quite figured out how that’s gonna work yet. I say the anarchist army will be there to give back the basic skills that we are losing to the digital world, like screwing in a lightbulb.

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License